Tuesday 27 October 2009

comics comics comics

After sending off my submission to Excessive Force, a Last Hours produced comics anthology (that looks great, will post info soon), and fresh from a talk at the ICA by Joe Sacco (I literally started that night!) I have been really interested in making actual proper comics. My comic in Excessive Force isn't really a comic as such, mostly vaguely representational drawings surrounded by explanatory text, with no panels. I really haven't done a comic comic in forever, and the feedback I've had for the panel-less way have been pretty positive. but whatever, here is the first of hopefully quite a few (at the moment i've done 2 and a half) 3-panel wordless comics about immigration. I am hoping to produce a little collection at some point highlighting the extreme circumstances people go through to get to this country, only to be beaten, patronised, incarcerated and often sent home. that is if they even make it.

I'd love some feedback as making comics is something I've been increasingly interested in of late and really have no idea about. hopefully this zine will be out in a few months, it'll be called "No one is illegal" and possibly a No Borders benefit.

No comments: